Friday, August 23, 2013

Monogram, Monogram, Monogram Everything!

First of all, sorry for the lack of posts these last couple of weeks. I have been feeling a bit under the weather which explains why I have not posted. So for that I apologise, but hopefully as I am feeling better now, I will get onto a more regular schedule.

Last week was an exciting week for me, despite my flu. I had ordered a custom made monogram necklace from etsy a while ago and was anticipating the day that it would finally arrive. I am absolutely in love with my necklace and have worn it nearly everyday since I received it. The service I received from this etsy store was amazing and no doubt I will be purchasing from her again.

So without further ado, here is my necklace...



I decided to go with the 1.5 inch monogram on a 18" chain as I thought it would be a perfect size to start my collection with, and as you can see the necklace arrives in a very pretty box.



The necklace is very pretty and the camera does not do it justice. As I said previously the etsy store (PersonalizedNecklace) in which I ordered from was amazing. Karen was so helpful and patience, and will no doubt help you with any queries you may have. The shipping took about 10 working days which was considerably fast as the necklace had to be shipped from Israel. I absolutely adore the product and will definitely order from Karen again.

~~~~~~

So sticking to the monogram theme, as it is back to school season I decided to monogram my folder/binder. I found some fabulous Lilly Pulitzer designs through A Preppy State of Mind, and fell in love with the idea. The templates and monogram designs came from the blog Jessica Marie Design, and all you have to do is like her facebook page you can get the designs for FREE! 


The binder covers are available for you to personalise and print out to stick in the front of your folder/binder. But as I live in the UK I found it hard to find cute folders with an insert pocket in the front. So I was stationary shopping the other day and came across sticker paper, which gave me the idea that I could print the designs onto sticker paper and then just stick it onto my folder.

So I decided to monogram my files that I had bought for the new semester.



I am pretty happy with how it turned out. But my only question is whether I should cover my files with a clear plastic book cover or not? I do not want my monograms to get damaged but I cant think or any other way to protect them. So if you have any ideas on what I should do, please comment below.


Thanks for stopping by!
Ciao! 
Vanessa.





No comments:

Post a Comment